History

Upon the establishment and formal inauguration of the university in 1958, the department of foreign languages was one of the primary institutions developed in the main campus. Besides English language courses offered by the native professors, other foreign languages such as French and German were taught to the enthusiastic students.
During the years 1983-1990, English seemed to grow dramatically as a result of a general resurgence of interest in broadening international ties between universities, and around this period a number of faculty members were involved in offering English language in three levels each with 2 phases. In the wake of the recruitment of new faculty members, the department increased again and commenced to secure its place as a major academic institution and now is burgeoning, aiming to introduce new interdisciplinary fields and research avenues to the academia.